Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Just realised the previous post I made was about 8 years ago... A long time ago. But recently I had this thought - words reflect the state of mind better at the moment, in a way that photos can't, it's pretty interesting to look back at what was going on through my head in the past. Sometimes you just can't fathom how it was until you see the written evidence. Went to wild wild wet yesterday, 1st August. Took half day leave. It was a cold day, which suited me perfectly. The previous time we went a few weeks back some rides (1 tower) were closed, and this time it was open. I was pleased. There was a yellow slide that looked pretty intimidating called free fall. It looked really steep, almost vertical, and I thought about 3-4 storeys high. I am afraid of heights, so I decided I must do it to overcome the fear - exposure therapy. Besides, I had done the torpedo before, so this should be easy right? So I spied the description while heading up to take the ride. "6 storey height and near vertical drop", it got to me. I was thinking about it as I climbed the stairs. Just had MacDonald's for lunch, so the pit in the stomach feeling was slightly exacerbated. At the top I noticed they had shielded the slide entrance, so you couldn't really see how far you were about to drop. But I decided to peer over the shield anyway, because I want to conquer the fear and stare it in the face. You tell yourself the fear is irrational, the slide is safe as it's been engineered to be so. That the fear of stepping in and smashing yourself to bits is impossible. But the mind still likes to whisper "what if?". But then one must conquer the irrational fear, so then I went for it, and the feeling that came brought its own clarity.

The moment micro gravity, weightlessness sets in, at that moment you feel your heart stop. It's like the road runner cartoon, when the cayote chases after the road runner onto some high ledge that has disappeared, and in that moment he hangs in the air, and then drops like a sack of rocks. The heart stopping feeling just overwhelms, and then just blind speed and it's over. But it was better than the torpedo as you can see the surroundings as you race down. Its better than the torpedo because you don't really feel like you're drowning. I went for the slide twice. We went on the lazy river, Ruixi was so cold her lips turned a little blue, it was pretty scary. But she had fun competing with Ruiqi, I was on the same team as her as we competed against En and Ruiqi to swim faster.

It was a really fun day, we had Astons subsidiary for dinner, it was pretty decent. Had bubble tea but forgot to use favepay for it again.

I realised my more recent blog posts are done on Tumblr, which explains the 8 years gap. So I shall jump back there.

chee succeeded at 12:34 AM.




chief jiao.

-- i am chief jiao

My busy schedule list...

-- write in my blog
-- sleep
-- come up with insults to use

my links

-- great blog, my sister's

-- even better blog, my another sister's

-- eric the grandma

-- dominic

-- boon

-- Xuan Ang

my tag-board

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
and Find Cheap Web Hosting Space
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)