![]() |
|||||
|
Saturday, November 21, 2009
If it isn't fate, I don't know what it is... Met Xingqun at physio today. Was doing the wobbleboard balance, when I saw a oddly familiar face. I wasn't sure at first, then I saw my physiotherapist was tending to him, so when she came over I asked him who he was. She was like "Xing..." And I finished the name for her. I could hardly believe it. What aluck! To think only a few days ago my sister was rambling on about him. I was mightily pleased and proceeded to catch up with him for a while. He was on crutches and had a cast on just like mine a few months back. He had torn some ankle ligament while navigating for some armor recce course, thanks to a pothole. Had his surgery 3 weeks ago, he ords next febuary. Service injury. Very nice, in a warped way. His operation was on his outer ankle, mine was on my inner ankle. What are the chances? Anyway I was pleased to offer him my walker boot, finally found a use for the $130 ripoff. I didn't think of it at the time, but upon reflection this must truly have been fate... What are the odds? One of my best friends in primary school, having a similar ankle problem, undergoing the knife at the same hospital and seeing the same physiotherapist? And these thoughts led me to some reminiscence. Didn't have many friends in primary school, not that I do now but it was worse than. But I'll always remember the good times, the days when there was not so much thinking of the future, just plain having fun. Used to stay over at Xingqun's house and play his playstation. I still remember the games we played. I remember the ease with which he pwned me in marvel vs capcom and street fighter, and the calluses on his thumbs attesting to his superiority. I remember the 99 hit combo he pulled off with gambit's special input in succesion 3 times, which he said was actually more than 99 hits. And I still remember the Rising Zan: Samurai Gunman game, how I utterly failed at it, but still insisted on trying nevertheless, cause the game was so amusing and awesome. I mean come on who uses a gun AND a sword? Not including gunblades and bayonets. Those were the days... Coming home to watch little lulu on cartoon network, or dexter's lab if I was early. Of course it wasn't all fun and games, had the PSLE to contend with as well as those nasty teachers who didn't appreciate my candor. But then again, such problems are faced everywhere, so they shouldn't detract from the good times I had then. I digress, but the mind cannot help but wander to fond memories. And yet, the cynical being inside me tells me this isn't fate, it's just proof of SAF's shittiness. Objectively speaking, it's paying for Xingqun's injury, so it isn't all that bad. But no matter how many ways you look at it, the scar will always be there... chee succeeded at 12:29 AM. |
chief jiao.
-- i am chief jiao My busy schedule list...
-- write in my blog my links
-- great blog, my sister's my tag-board
| ||||