![]() |
|||||
|
Friday, March 21, 2008
Bali The trip to Bali was a most enjoyable experience, and pretty memorable. Especially for one of us hehe. 18/03/2008 Woke up at 3.30 am - my flight was at 7, and we had arranged to meet at 5. Slept at 12 plus the previous night as I was having a "last" dinner with Goon, Mq and Sheng Lin, but the anticipation of what was to come made waking easier than expected. Breakfast was Toast Box in the depature area. Had a normal toast set meal. The eggs were larger than normal, and the toast and teh was decent. After breakfast we boarded the plane, joking all the way on how we were going to meet our end aboard Garuda. The flight there was uneventful. The plane to Jakarta was very small though, and the alleys were narrow, and the leg room seemed a tad lesser than what you get in SIA. 20/03/08 Plane had a electric circuit technical problem(basically power outage) from 6.58 pm to 7.03 pm, and it was a great source of amusement for us. The power outage made the lights and aircon go out, and during that period me and Seet couldn't resist jesting about how it was a portent of things to come. We were the last few to board the plane, and we were joking how we saved everyone. Had we boarded earlier causing the plane to take off earlier, the power outage would have occured midflight, and we would all have ended up in the ocean. I was also jokingly proselyting to Seet, and Guoren was saying all of us there would ascend except him because of his lust. Rifeng observed that the emergency lights on the cabin floor were on, and I telling him this is probably a fire drill. We were having a merry time over it, though the stuffiness and warmness of the plane didn't do much to add to the merriment. However, a young caucasian lady one row behind us obviously didn't revel in the moment as much as we did. Even before the power outage, as we were having our warm up japes, she was looking uneasy. During the power outage, I turned around and she was looking pretty worried, and I spotted tears in her eyes. Her mother was asking an air stewardess the reason for the power outage, and the air stewardess told her she had no information. Which I found really amusing, as I was thinking whether she would say the same thing if were nose diving into the ocean. The pilot announced to us that the plane was having some technical problems with the electrical circuitry, but assured us that the ground crew was repairing it and apologised for the delay. It was roughly a 10 minute delay. After the power outage, the young caucasian lady seemed aghast, and her mum went to talk to some flight staff and after a while both of them were talking to either the pilot or senior flight steward, getting assured that there was nothing wrong with the plane. Overheard snippets of the conversation, and the pilot was assuring them saying that he had flown the trip many times. I was tickled for some unfathomable reason. The session seemed to work, for soon I heard laughter from the young lady, and laughter is always good. chee succeeded at 12:57 AM. |
chief jiao.
-- i am chief jiao My busy schedule list...
-- write in my blog my links
-- great blog, my sister's my tag-board
| ||||