Thursday, June 30, 2005

As you should be able to tell, I haven't been blogging for quite some time. Nothing has been terribly exciting these days, and so there's been no point in writing them down.

But today was one of those days when something happened that I just can't help but just have to record it down for future laughs. So anyway on to the story.

Dom, goon and YJ and me had just finished our lunch. We had done RE and were on our way home. We had eaten in the canteen and were heading towards the bus stop.

So we passed by the pull up bar. And I decided to do a few pull ups. Just to make up for the oily lunch. So I jumped and held on to the bar. But the calluses on my hands were stinging badly, so I let go. Not one to give up easily, I decided to get some tissue paper from my friends to soften the area. Unfortunately none of them had any tissue paper on them. So I looked around.

And found the answer. Paper. Paper from the posters defiling the school pillars. Posters put up by the RIPB announcing that tomorrow was muffti(check out the meaning of it in online dictionaries, it has a darker meaning) day. So I kindly asked YJ to pass me the paper. Being the good friend he was, he didn't think twice and immediately obliged.

Just then I saw a woman walking pass him towards the canteen. I thought that she was a staff member and we were going to get into trouble. Well I my guess wasn't quite far off.

But the woman didn't seem to bother although she did see him tearing off the poster and passing it to me. So i pretended to look at the poster and waited till the woman wasn't around anymore. So i thought. Well as I tore the posters into 2, one for each hand, she came popping up from nowhere. Must be indian stealth technology. I knew I was in for it as soon as she started her lecture.

As teachers usually do, she asked for my class. But guess what, she ain't a teacher! Goon recognized her as the finance staff who scolded him for poor language skills the last time he went to the finance office. Looking at her, I doubt her Chinese is any good, so I think she should just keep her mouth shut and mind her own business. Some rough excerpts from the scolding:

"What did you do that for?" "I needed some paper" came my reply.

"What have you been taught?"

"Mr Paul Lim and the prefects have come up with these posters to inform the school of the event, and you're taking it down to suit your own purpose and not letting the others see it. How would he feel if I told him about this?

"You're already a senior in this school, and you still do this kind of thing. Don't you feel a sense of shame?"

"
It wasn't really funny at the time I was being scolded, but thinking back on the bus on my way back home, I found it hilarious. How have I been taught? There were so many cheap and unappealing posters on the pillars, and so many announcements had been made about muffti day, so why the hell should anyone care about 1 less unaesthetic poster missing from the pillars? Heck I should get an award for rendering service to the school populace.

I've been taught to be determined, and since there was no tissue paper, the next possible alternative was the poster paper. In less than a day it would have been outdated, and the poster would have been taken down thrown away. It was no longer serving its purpose of informing the school populace, so why shouldn't it serve my purpose? By using it for my purpose I've come up with another purpose for it, so that comes under REUSING. I'm putting what I've learnt in Geography to practical use, so what's wrong? And I'm part of the school, so why can't I use it to suit my own purpose?

And as for sense of shame, I've developed a kind of immunity. And why should i feel shameful when I'm doing a GOOD DEED? The poster was pretty much an eye sore, and no one likes it.

But the stupid loser gave us chance and said she wouldn't take it up, but I think it was cause she wanted to eat her own lunch. Greedy strumpet. Wasted both my time and her time, but it was pretty entertaining come to think of it. Though I was a little nervous she would pursue it when she asked for my class. Don't want pursue then still ask for what, trying to scare me. Well I guess it sort of worked though.

Oh yes and my apologies to YJ for getting him scolded. Just did what I asked him to and got scolded for nothing. Haha

chee succeeded at 2:39 PM.




chief jiao.

-- i am chief jiao

My busy schedule list...

-- write in my blog
-- sleep
-- come up with insults to use

my links

-- great blog, my sister's

-- even better blog, my another sister's

-- eric the grandma

-- dominic

-- boon

-- Xuan Ang

my tag-board

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
and Find Cheap Web Hosting Space
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)