![]() |
|||||
|
Friday, June 11, 2004
I came back from Port Dickson yesterday. I went there for a church camp. The trip was quite ok. But there were some issues...
Firstly, the travelling it took to get there took around 8 hours. Port Dickson is not so far from singapore, and the major delay was the Singapore Immigration check. There were a lot of people, mostly from other church camps at the immigration check point. But even so, why did we have to wait like 1 hour there? We used the second link, isn't it supposed to be much faster? Anyway the accommodations there SUCKED. We stayed into a hotel called Le Paris Costa Rica Hotel/Resort. Remember this name never stay in this hotel! When we got there, we were assigned only 1 hotel room. We had 4 people, and the norm was 2 people to a room. That wouldn't really bother us, except that there were only 3 beds, and most of the space of the room was used up already. So my mum called up the housekeeping to put in one more bed. But there was not enough space to put in another bed, so we asked for a change to a bigger room. Btw the room really sucked. The table lamp was spoilt, the room didn't have a hanging light(making it quite dark), the toilet flush was spoilt. The bathtub stopper was spoilt, when we put it in you couldn't use the switch to make it come up. And the water heater required half an hour of continuous water running to get the water heated up... Anyway, the brother wanted to have a bath in the bath tub when we got there, and in his enthusiasm he immediately put the stopper in. The water was already running, and i immediately tried to take out the stopper as he hadn't cleaned himself. I tried using the switch which required you to turn the circular switch to no avail. So we called the duty manager. Somehow the bloody housekeeping line was never answered, and only could be reached when we called the duty manager to ask the housekeeping to do something. The guy came with the plumber tool(the one with a stick and half a ball looking like contraption) and sucked it out. But that was 2 hours later, after repeated calls. Now during this 2 hours we couldn't bathe. And also the door frame was coming out thanks to me. Hehe I was very pissed with the room and so I locked the door.(with the locks that have a metal strap attacked to it and you fasten it over your door) Then I opened it with a little might while the door was locked. And VOILA, the whole door frame became detached from the wall. Lol I didn't even use half of my strength and it became detached. And the 4th bed came, even though we had asked for it in the afternoon,(around 4 p.m) at 10 plus p.m. And that's after a lot of calls and scoldings my mum gave to them. The manager actually hung up the phone on my mum. Hehe. Funny. When the housekeeping staff came to put the bed in, I was preparing for a bath, and kept the water running without anyone inside. Lol we had kept it running for already half an hour to keep the water warm. The manager came in and saw it and asked politely why we were doing it. Lol we told her the heater was't working properly and she had nothing to say. Anyway we ordered room service on the first night (it was cheap the chicken chop only costs sing $6.50) The chicken chop was very nice, and after I ate it I left the plate outside for them to collect it away. Lol the next day we found the plate still there; we weren't really surprised cause this IS malaysia... Anyway at night on the second day the plate was still there LOL. I was telling my sister they were waiting for it to biodegrade. Seriously, what kind of shit is this hotel? It's supposed to be a 4-star hotel, but the service and facilities are like shit. Anyway since this was a church camp we had to attend sermons. Some of them were quite interesting. I was supposed to go to the youth group, but I went there the first time and most of them were sec 1s and were fooling around and the girls were flirting around, so after the tea break I decided to go back to the hotel room and sleep. Lol my mother found out and scolded me. Anyway then I decided to go to the adult session.The sermons were quite ok but a little boring at times. The Reverend cracked a few jokes before the session to lighten up the mood. And some of them were Ah Beng jokes. I shall replace the Ah Bengs with Malays. What is Mat's solution to the shortage of water problem? Dilute the Water. One day, Mat and his malay friend were at the beach having a picnic, and dicussing about science. Suddenly a storm occurred, and one of them popped a question- Why is it we see lightning before we hear thunder? Mat replied- Don't ask silly questions, of course it is because our eyes are in front of our ears! The Reverend also made some funny comments during the sermon. He was talking about how the influence of others greatly affects yourself, so sometimes it's better to confide in god than others. He gave a few examples, and one of them was the Malay delivery boy. A Malay delivery boy earns $1200 a month, and can still support his family of 6. Christians can't do that, so how does the Malay delivery boy do it? Then he quipped - Allah is bigger than our God. Then the pastor sitting on the front row joked - They can fast for 1 month. LOL so evil but I LIKE! He made some other funny comments like "Money is like manure, you hog it it stinks, you spread it around it helps" and something like: The ministers say greed is good, greed CANNOT be good, they don't even know the true meaning of words, they might as well say excretal smells nice. Overall the sermons were quite good... Also the food provided by the hotel during meals sucked, all malay food. Me and my sister skipped the talentnight to play pool(very cheap each game RM 3) Lol I thought i would be easy I was obviously wrong. The game is very hard to play you can miss the white ball a lot of time anyway we just anyhow play. We also went for bowling each game for 2 players cost RM 6. That'a also very cheap. I bowled a total of 3 games in the 4 days- My scores were 66, 89 and 75 respectively. I realized that bowling can anyhow also can score quite ok. You just need to not run and just walk and release the ball. That way your aiming gets much better. On the third night we had "Chinese Dinner" at a restaurant in the hotel, but it was really "Chinese Food with Lotta Malay Elements" The food sucked, but that's not the major part. The people we were sitting with at the table was the problem. There were 2 ladies sitting with us(both from the church camp DUH), and they were sisters. Their faces don't look very nice at all, and they were quite old around the 40s. Anyway, their table manners really were non-existant. One of them actually took a serving spoon from one of the dishes to use as her own spoon!!!! I mean, is that sick or what? And she actually put back the spoon! And also, every dish she also wanted to take first. I was telling my sis that she was the imperial food taster, make sure that there is no poison in the food first before letting us eat. She was seriously digusting... The food also sucked HARD. We were expecting some good food after eating food catered by the cafe in the hotel, but sadly it really sucked. What kind of chinese restaurant is it? There was no pork no lard. My mum actually found a staple in her food! We decided not to complain, because, after all, this IS malaysia. Anyway, the next day, after the communion service we had, I saw the pastor mentioning to the "imperial food taster"'s sister. Both of them went to the pastor, and the pastor and reverend both put their hands on the head of her sister. Something tells me this isn't a baptism, but an exorcism...(seriously, I told you they looked weird...) I didn't want to stay around and watch, lol later the spirit get out of her body come to mine hehe. Anyway when we went shopping on the third day, I chanced upon a shop selling PC hardware and pirated CDs. I wanted to ask the price of some graphics cards, and so went in. I asked the person what was the newest graphics card she had in her shop, and she told me Geforce 4 MX 440. That's like SOOOO PASSE. I think it was released like 2-3 years ago in singapore? LOL it's really funny... But then again this is malaysia, so I didn't really expect anything more. That's about all I want to say about my journey to Port Dickson... chee succeeded at 12:29 PM. |
chief jiao.
-- i am chief jiao My busy schedule list...
-- write in my blog my links
-- great blog, my sister's my tag-board
| ||||